How writer earnings work on Gizmr?
How can I make money out of my Gizmr stories?
GIZMR is an absolutely transparent earning platform for Technology Writers. Every writer on GIZMR is automatically on-boarded to our Revenue Share platform. The writer has access to their unique dashboard where they can upload new GIZMOS & GADGETS and write stories about them.
How are my earnings calculated?
Earnings on stories are calculated based on the number of reads/pageviews your stories get. Higher the number of reads, more the earning. Furthermore, any story you write will continue to accrue earnings as long as it keeps receiving reads. All the earnings from all of your articles are automatically calculated by our systems.
How will I get paid?
Gizmr pays its writers via 2 modes – electronic bank transfer, PayPal. Depending on your geographical location and the most convenient mode of payment for you, you can update your payment details while we are on-boarding you to the platform.
Can I see my earnings in real-time?
As of now, No. But you can see real-time views of your articles.
Is there a minimum threshold for payments?
No, there is no minimum threshold on payments.
When do I get paid?
The earnings from your stories in any month will be paid by the 20th of the next month, assuming you have crossed the minimum threshold for payment.
Example: If your accrued earnings till June are USD 200, You will get this payment on 20th July. Please ensure that your payment details are filled up correctly.
Why are my articles having similar page views paying out differently?
Views from different countries get paid different amounts. Reads from developed countries generally yield a higher revenue. Hence, articles having similar views but from different geographies will have different payouts.
How can I improve my earnings?
Firstly, do not make earnings your priority when you write stories. You will only be able to improve your earnings when you improve your writing. Gizmr’s audience seeks really high-quality, engaging and trustworthy content. So as a first step, try to meet these criteria. Here are a few things you can work on to ensure that your articles are widely read:
1) Put the readers above yourself. Understand their aspirations and what moves them. Connect with them through your writing.
2) Write for your audience. Always ask yourself two questions. Am I creating value to my audience? Am I telling them something new? If the answer for either of the two questions is “No”, then rethink your topic.
3) Write better. Improve your grammar and writing style. Language is a powerful tool, use it well. A great thought that is not well written will only put off the readers. Install Grammarly extension for Chrome to remove basic errors easily.
4) Write for the digital medium. Your audience is mobile with very short attention spans. Use shorter sentences. Don’t write long and confusing sentences. Be crisp. Be concise. Keep it simple.
5) Write innovative topics. If you spot a topic that has already received good views, there is no point in attempting it again. Doing the same thing over and over again will not help you. Keep innovating and experimenting.
6) Research well. Being superficial and repeating the facts that your audience already knows is counter-productive. Try to dive deeper into a subject and inform audiences about something they don’t know.